Just a few of the natural superstar ingredients powering Sleep Like Buddha
Sleep Like Buddha - Natural Sleep Supplement
60 veggie capsules
- Tell Me More
Fall asleep sooner, stay asleep longer, enjoy better quality sleep, and wake up refreshed, never groggy. Because sleep is everything.
- Formulated specifically for stress-related sleep issues
- Melatonin-free – no groggy mornings or “hangover feels”
- “Busy brain” fighter
- Helps promote relaxation and healthy mood balance
Health Canada Approved NPN#80087312
Use melatonin-free Sleep Like Buddha on it's own or pair with Daytime Zen natural stress supplement with adaptogens for even better results.
Each capsule contains:
- L-Theanine (L-Theanine, Camellia sinensis – Leaf)….100mg
- L-5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-L-tryptophan, 5-HTP, Griffonia simplicifoila – Seed)…..100mg
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnate, Flower)….250mg (10:1 QSE 2500mg)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Hypromellose (capsule shell)
Adults: Take one capsule 30 minutes before you want to sleep. Increase to two capsules if needed.
Health Canada Approved Product Claims:
- Helps to temporarily promote relaxation
- Helps to promote healthy mood balance
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a sleep aid in cases of restlessness or insomnia due to mental stress
- Helps to reduce the severity and duration of migraine headaches when taken as a prophylactic
- Sleep aid
Cautions and Contraindications:
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use:
- If sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia).
- If you are taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John's wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-migraine medication.
- If symptoms persist or worsen.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes.
- Do not use if you have scleroderma.
- Consumption with alcohol, other medications or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended.
- If you experience any of the following symptoms within a few hours after taking this product discontinue use and consult a health practitioner: changes in mental state such as restlessness or confusion, increased heart rate, enlarged pupils, loss of muscle coordination, sweating, shivering and/or gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness
Sleep – enough of it and of good quality – is crucial for living well. When we don’t sleep well or long enough we don’t function even close to optimally – and studies are now showing that poor sleep over an extended period of time can have a negative impact on our health as we age. And I think we can all agree that everything – work, relationships, parenting, socializing, yoga class are all so much harder to manage and enjoy without sleep.
So of course, sleep is good, not sleeping well is bad, enough said. But what about those nights when you just know you aren’t going to be able to drop off to gentle slumber – when your brain just won’t shut off and you can tell this is going to be one of those nights you see the wrong side of 2AM – and not for any fun reason!
Sleep like Buddha is a natural health product that helps you relax, fall asleep sooner and stay asleep longer, so you can wake up and take on your tomorrow. With no diphenhydramine or any other potentially harmful chemical ingredients found in prescription or OTC drugs, you can feel comfortable that this product is both safe and non-habit forming.
5-HTP (L-5-Hydroxytryptophan) is an amino acid that occurs naturally in the body and is needed to make the neurotransmitters serotonin, and melatonin. Serotonin is important for positive mood balance and restful sleep. Our 5-HTP is plant-sourced from Griffonia simplicifolia, a shrub native to Africa.
Passion Flower is a beautiful wildflower found in North and South America. Its aerial, or “above-ground” parts have been used in traditional native American medicine and by colonists as a tonic for anxiety and insomnia. It may help with calming the mind, making getting to sleep easier.
L-theanine is an amino acid found in green tea. It does not contain caffeine and does help promote relaxation by reducing the perception of stress. While not in itself a sedative, L-theanine can be combined with other natural sleep supporting ingredients and work synergistically to allow for a relaxing sleep.
Select Research and References:
- 1) Ito K, Nagato Y, Aoi N, et al. Effects of L-theanine on the release of alpha-brain waves in human volunteers. Nippon Nogeikagaku Kaishi 1998;72:153-157.
- 2) Ngan A1, Conduit R. A double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the effects of Passiflora incarnata (passionflower) herbal tea on subjective sleep quality Phytother.Res. 2011 Aug;25(8):1153-9.
I have had chronic sleep issues most of my life. I can fall asleep, but not stay asleep. I have tried many over-the-counter products which did not help. I used pharmaceuticals very occasionally and out of sheer exhaustion, but they always made me groggy in the morning. A friend recommended Sleep Like a Buddha as her husband was taking the capsules and seeing relief. It took a good two weeks, but I now sleep 6 hours every night and call fall back asleep in an instant (without taking a 2nd capsule). I awaken refreshed. I have recommended this product to others and a girlfriend told me this morning that she is starting to see results (she slept 4 hours straight for the first time in years).
thank you for sharing this Linda - we are so happy to hear that Sleep Like Buddha is making a difference for you!
I am use to waking up every few hour; I have for years. I started taking Sleep Like Buddha a few weeks ago and now I sleep undisturbed for at least 6 hours. I wake up feeling more rested than I have in years, no grogginess. I pair them with the stress management supplements, Daytime Zen.
So very happy to hear that Sleep Like Buddha has helped so much - we love it with Daytime Zen too! Thank you so much for sharing this Stephany
I have been taking this for a few months now and it definitely helps me fall asleep by calming down my monkey mind and stay asleep for longer (due to less monkey mine!). I still wake up once in the night, as it common for most people, but I notice an improvement in getting back to sleep easily. I like that it’s melatonin-free, since a tolerance to melatonin can make it less effective over time. Highly recommend!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Sleep Like Buddha Vanessa! Delighted to hear it is helping you get good sleep.
Sleep Like Buddha has improved our sleep so much. It’s the only product that works after trying so many that didn’t. And that it doesn’t contain melatonin is such a bonus as most products do.
We wouldn’t be without it!
Wow! This is so great to hear - thank you for sharing Karen!
I’m sure it’s a great product but it didn’t work for me. I’d still suggest to those out there to try it as it might work for you!