Just a few of the natural superstar ingredients powering Sleep Like Buddha
Sleep Like Buddha - Natural Sleep Supplement
60 veggie capsules
Are you having a hard time falling asleep at bedtime? Or are you waking up at 2 AM with "Busy Brain"? Or do you wake every morning feeling like you've barely slept?
- Tell Me More
- Formulated specifically for stress-related sleep issues
- Melatonin-free – no groggy mornings or “hangover feels”
- “Busy brain” fighter
- Helps promote relaxation and healthy mood balance
Health Canada Approved NPN#80087312
Use melatonin-free Sleep Like Buddha on it's own or pair with Daytime Zen natural stress supplement with adaptogens for even better results.
Each capsule contains:
- L-Theanine (L-Theanine, Camellia sinensis – Leaf)….100mg
- L-5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-L-tryptophan, 5-HTP, Griffonia simplicifoila – Seed)…..100mg
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnate, Flower)….250mg (10:1 QSE 2500mg)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Hypromellose (capsule shell)
Adults: Take one capsule 30 minutes before you want to sleep. Increase to two capsules if needed. You can also take one capsule before bedtime and a second capsule if you wake up in the middle of thee night and struggle with falling back to sleep. as long as you still have 3 hours or more left to sleep, you should not feel groggy the next day.
Health Canada Approved Product Claims:
- Helps to temporarily promote relaxation
- Helps to promote healthy mood balance
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a sleep aid in cases of restlessness or insomnia due to mental stress
- Helps to reduce the severity and duration of migraine headaches when taken as a prophylactic
- Sleep aid
Cautions and Contraindications:
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use:
- If sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia).
- If you are taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John's wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-migraine medication.
- If symptoms persist or worsen.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes.
- Do not use if you have scleroderma.
- Consumption with alcohol, other medications or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended.
- If you experience any of the following symptoms within a few hours after taking this product discontinue use and consult a health practitioner: changes in mental state such as restlessness or confusion, increased heart rate, enlarged pupils, loss of muscle coordination, sweating, shivering and/or gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness
Sleep – enough of it and of good quality – is crucial for living well. When we don’t sleep well or long enough we don’t function even close to optimally – and studies are now showing that poor sleep over an extended period of time can have a negative impact on our health as we age. And I think we can all agree that everything – work, relationships, parenting, socializing, yoga class are all so much harder to manage and enjoy without sleep.
So of course, sleep is good, not sleeping well is bad, enough said. But what about those nights when you just know you aren’t going to be able to drop off to gentle slumber – when your brain just won’t shut off and you can tell this is going to be one of those nights you see the wrong side of 2AM – and not for any fun reason!
Sleep like Buddha is a natural health product that helps you relax, fall asleep sooner and stay asleep longer, so you can wake up and take on your tomorrow. With no diphenhydramine or any other potentially harmful chemical ingredients found in prescription or OTC drugs, you can feel comfortable that this product is both safe and non-habit forming.
5-HTP (L-5-Hydroxytryptophan) is an amino acid that occurs naturally in the body and is needed to make the neurotransmitters serotonin, and melatonin. Serotonin is important for positive mood balance and restful sleep. Our 5-HTP is plant-sourced from Griffonia simplicifolia, a shrub native to Africa.
Passion Flower is a beautiful wildflower found in North and South America. Its aerial, or “above-ground” parts have been used in traditional native American medicine and by colonists as a tonic for anxiety and insomnia. It may help with calming the mind, making getting to sleep easier.
L-theanine is an amino acid found in green tea. It does not contain caffeine and does help promote relaxation by reducing the perception of stress. While not in itself a sedative, L-theanine can be combined with other natural sleep supporting ingredients and work synergistically to allow for a relaxing sleep.
Select Research and References:
- 1) Ito K, Nagato Y, Aoi N, et al. Effects of L-theanine on the release of alpha-brain waves in human volunteers. Nippon Nogeikagaku Kaishi 1998;72:153-157.
- 2) Ngan A1, Conduit R. A double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the effects of Passiflora incarnata (passionflower) herbal tea on subjective sleep quality Phytother.Res. 2011 Aug;25(8):1153-9.
I have taken the sleep like a Buddha nightly and I can’t really tell if my sleep has changed much. I am waking fewer times but still waking and don’t wake with a hangover feeling so that’s a plus
I’ll persist with it and see where I get to
Thank you for sharing Ginny - definitely keep going and keep us posted!
I started this product about a week ago with Hey Relax. I am very pleased with the results. I feel like its getting a hug at bedtime because when I get into bed I feel so relaxed. I have seen a big improvement with the quality of my sleep and wake up far less than I did before. I am very pleased with the product and highly recommend it. 5 stars
This is the best news - thank you so much for sharing your feedback - sweet dreams!
Used for about 9 days so far and uncertain that these are really working. Sleep has not changed. Seem to also wake up more frequently that usual during the night to use the restroom. Will try for a couple more weeks. If no change, will be discontinuing.
Hi Jacqueline, so sorry to hear that SLB hasn't been helpful. Please email us if it still hasn't helped and we'll make it right for you. It works for 95% of those who try, but everyone is different.
I take one Sleep Like Buddha before I go to bed. After reading for about 10 minutes, I'm usually relaxed and can fall asleep quickly. I definitely have "Busy brain" and if that wakes me up, I take another Sleep Like Buddha and fall asleep fairly quickly.
Thank you for your review Colleen! Nothing makes us happier than hearing Sleep Like Buddha is helping someone lovely get the rest they need.
I have been impressed with the Niyama brand, the products are a labour of love, genuine efficacy and a clean list of ingredients. !! I for one have a new outlook on my sleep pattern with the Sleep Like Buddha capsules!! I relied on Melatonin for the last few years but always felt unrested and sleep deprived, Niyama has changed my world. Week one has delivered better clarity, a wide eyed wake up and no fog brain groggy mornings!! I encourage everyone to give this a try, there will be zero disappointment!!
This made our day! so happy SLB is helping you get the sleep you need.