Just a few of the natural superstar ingredients powering Sleep Like Buddha
Sleep Like Buddha - Natural Sleep Supplement
60 veggie capsules
Are you having a hard time falling asleep at bedtime? Or are you waking up at 2 AM with "Busy Brain"? Or do you wake every morning feeling like you've barely slept?
- Tell Me More
- Formulated specifically for stress-related sleep issues
- Melatonin-free – no groggy mornings or “hangover feels”
- “Busy brain” fighter
- Helps promote relaxation and healthy mood balance
Health Canada Approved NPN#80087312
Use melatonin-free Sleep Like Buddha on it's own or pair with Daytime Zen natural stress supplement with adaptogens for even better results.
Each capsule contains:
- L-Theanine (L-Theanine, Camellia sinensis – Leaf)….100mg
- L-5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-L-tryptophan, 5-HTP, Griffonia simplicifoila – Seed)…..100mg
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnate, Flower)….250mg (10:1 QSE 2500mg)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Hypromellose (capsule shell)
Adults: Take one capsule 30 minutes before you want to sleep. Increase to two capsules if needed. You can also take one capsule before bedtime and a second capsule if you wake up in the middle of thee night and struggle with falling back to sleep. as long as you still have 3 hours or more left to sleep, you should not feel groggy the next day.
Health Canada Approved Product Claims:
- Helps to temporarily promote relaxation
- Helps to promote healthy mood balance
- Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a sleep aid in cases of restlessness or insomnia due to mental stress
- Helps to reduce the severity and duration of migraine headaches when taken as a prophylactic
- Sleep aid
Cautions and Contraindications:
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use:
- If sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 3 weeks (chronic insomnia).
- If you are taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John's wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-migraine medication.
- If symptoms persist or worsen.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes.
- Do not use if you have scleroderma.
- Consumption with alcohol, other medications or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended.
- If you experience any of the following symptoms within a few hours after taking this product discontinue use and consult a health practitioner: changes in mental state such as restlessness or confusion, increased heart rate, enlarged pupils, loss of muscle coordination, sweating, shivering and/or gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness
Sleep – enough of it and of good quality – is crucial for living well. When we don’t sleep well or long enough we don’t function even close to optimally – and studies are now showing that poor sleep over an extended period of time can have a negative impact on our health as we age. And I think we can all agree that everything – work, relationships, parenting, socializing, yoga class are all so much harder to manage and enjoy without sleep.
So of course, sleep is good, not sleeping well is bad, enough said. But what about those nights when you just know you aren’t going to be able to drop off to gentle slumber – when your brain just won’t shut off and you can tell this is going to be one of those nights you see the wrong side of 2AM – and not for any fun reason!
Sleep like Buddha is a natural health product that helps you relax, fall asleep sooner and stay asleep longer, so you can wake up and take on your tomorrow. With no diphenhydramine or any other potentially harmful chemical ingredients found in prescription or OTC drugs, you can feel comfortable that this product is both safe and non-habit forming.
5-HTP (L-5-Hydroxytryptophan) is an amino acid that occurs naturally in the body and is needed to make the neurotransmitters serotonin, and melatonin. Serotonin is important for positive mood balance and restful sleep. Our 5-HTP is plant-sourced from Griffonia simplicifolia, a shrub native to Africa.
Passion Flower is a beautiful wildflower found in North and South America. Its aerial, or “above-ground” parts have been used in traditional native American medicine and by colonists as a tonic for anxiety and insomnia. It may help with calming the mind, making getting to sleep easier.
L-theanine is an amino acid found in green tea. It does not contain caffeine and does help promote relaxation by reducing the perception of stress. While not in itself a sedative, L-theanine can be combined with other natural sleep supporting ingredients and work synergistically to allow for a relaxing sleep.
Select Research and References:
- 1) Ito K, Nagato Y, Aoi N, et al. Effects of L-theanine on the release of alpha-brain waves in human volunteers. Nippon Nogeikagaku Kaishi 1998;72:153-157.
- 2) Ngan A1, Conduit R. A double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the effects of Passiflora incarnata (passionflower) herbal tea on subjective sleep quality Phytother.Res. 2011 Aug;25(8):1153-9.
I have been impressed with the Niyama brand, the products are a labour of love, genuine efficacy and a clean list of ingredients. !! I for one have a new outlook on my sleep pattern with the Sleep Like Buddha capsules!! I relied on Melatonin for the last few years but always felt unrested and sleep deprived, Niyama has changed my world. Week one has delivered better clarity, a wide eyed wake up and no fog brain groggy mornings!! I encourage everyone to give this a try, there will be zero disappointment!!
This made our day! so happy SLB is helping you get the sleep you need.
I’ve been using Sleep Like a Buddha for a few weeks now and am loving it! I have a problem falling back to see if I wake in the night, but I take one capsule before bed and don’t have a problem sleeping thru the night or easily falling back to sleep after a midnight bathroom trip. There have only been two occasions when I could fall back asleep (even when I took another capsule) but that’s been the exception not the rule and a great improvement! Have already recommended to some of my friends who watch the clock at 4:30am too.
Thank you for sharing this Lizanne! so good to know your sleep is improving!
I have taking 2 tablets every night but it didn't do anything for me. I still wake up after 2 to 3 of sleep and fall back to sleep 3 hours later.
So sorry to hear this Bruce. Sleep Like Buddha is so helpful for 95% of people who try it, but everyone is different. I would definitely see a naturopath or your doctor to get some help - sleep is too important to let it go. I'll connect with you privately to make this right for you.
Middle age and parenting a teenager has had a huge impact on my sleep, both in terms of length of time and quality. I became used to waking up in the early hours, thinking too much and unable to fall back into any sort of useful sleep. I found taking one capsule before bed, then one when I woke up actually enabled me to fall back asleep and feel rested when I woke up (even when my thoughts were so strong that it took me a bit to get back to sleep). Thank you for making such a great product!
Thank you for sharing this Kristine! So happy to hear you are getting better sleep with Sleep Like Buddha!
I have no trouble going to sleep, it’s staying asleep that’s my problem. I wake up after 2 hours and every 2 hours or so thereafter. Very often getting no sleep after 5am. When I get up I feel like death warmed up and fatigued all day.
I tried one and then two Sleep Like Buddha’s but unfortunately they made no difference. A shame.
However my wife tried them at the same time and reported that she was getting a more comfortable sleep.
So sorry Sleep Like Buddha didn't help you Peter. you can also try taking 1 capsule before bed and a second when you wake in the night. so long as you have 3 hours left to sleep you shouldn't feel groggy .